Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DIY Bath Cookies

I know many people regularly take sea salt baths. It is amazing how sea salt makes your skin softer and firmer. This recipe is a new twist on traditional bath salts, using simple ingredients right from your kitchen. It includes three things that I love; cooking, lavender, and natural skin care.



Bath Cookie Recipe
2 cups Fine Sea Salt
1/2 cup Baking Soda
1/2 cup Cornstarch
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 teaspoons Vitamin E Oil
2 Eggs
1 tablespoon of Dried Lavender Buds
5-6 drops of Lavender Essential Oil

Pink Soy Food Coloring {optional}
Step 1:
Preheat your oven to 350 F.
Step 2:
In a large bowl, combine salt, cornstarch, and baking soda. Stir in crushed lavender. In a small bowl combine eggs, olive oil, Vitamin E, and lavender essential oil. Whip up the egg mixture, then add to the large bowl and mix well.


Step 3:
Form into a dough ball and roll to about ¾” thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters, or form into a teaspoon size balls, and gently place them on a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkling with lavender buds.



Step 4:
Bake your bath cookies for ten minutes, until they are lightly browned. Do not over bake.
When ready to use simply, drop 1 or 2 cookies into your warm bath as the water runs.



Skin benefits of the bath cookies natural ingredients.
Sea Salt is a natural detoxifier, as the salt absorbs the toxins from the skin. Sea salt will leave your skin feeling clean, refreshed and soft.
Cornstarch is wonderful additive to your bathwater to relieve skin irritations or a rash.
Baking Soda has a wonderful softening effect on the skin.
Eggs are super enriched with vitamin B2 to help your skin glow.
Vitamin E helps skin look younger by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Olive Oil is a wonderful natural way to moisturize your skin. It is packed full of strong antioxidants, like Vitamins A and E that help repair your skin damaged from overexposure to sun, air pollution, and other toxins. Things like second hand cigarette smoke and harsh chemicals. These antioxidants have the natural ability to stimulate cells and return skin to a firmer, smoother, and healthier state.
Lavender is amazing. Aside from its soothing and relaxing aromatherapy properties, it also cleans and smoothes your skin.


I enjoyed making these wonderful cookies, which filled my home with a heavenly smell of lavender for days. I am planning to make another batch soon to give as gifts.
Smiles, Paula



{ Follow Me On Pinterest  } Paula Parrish

18 comments:

  1. Love your blog and recipes! :) Love DIY bath and beauty products too!!! :) Hope I'm entered in the your contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rich ... I like those hearts, great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good! It'd be hard not to take a bite, they look like real cookies!

    thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift idea. Newest follower. From Tuesday Time Out. Love for you to follow back when you get a chance. I kind of want to eat your soap. Is that bad? LOL!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute--I would have to give them as a gift since I only take showers.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea - these would make wonderful gifts! So glad you shared!

    Dropping by from Happy Hour Projects, thanks for coming by!

    Adrianne
    www.happyhourprojects.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea. I'm going to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable! What a fun idea. Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! How great to be able to make your own. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You for sharing this recipe very green, I've been searching for something like this for quite some time now. I'm excited to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I subbed in Argan Oil for the Vitamin E oil since I didn't have any. Worked like a charm and so amazing for drier skin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Paula!I stumble upon your blog while i was browsing for a diy soap recipe.I hope i'm eligible to get one copy of your green skin care guide. Thanking you in advance

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just made these as gifts for my husband's family Christmas. When I went to roll them out and use the cookie cutters, they were fairly watery. I had to spray PAM on the roller and the cookie cutters and they were falling apart before I got them to the cookie sheet. Do you have any suggestions? I don't think I put anything extra in them to make them more watery. I just wondered if you had any advice. Yours look so great and easy to cut. I ended up just dropping them in little balls onto the cookie sheet. The ones I got cooked already came out great though and they smell fantastic! If you can, please e-mail me at jkmhlewis@gmail.com I need to get these done today and have spent a lot of money on buying the ingredients. Thanks a bunch, great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I made them they were also very wet, after cutting them with a mini cookie cutter I carefully placed them on the cookie sheet. Once they were done baking, come out Great. I hope that this information was helpful. ;o)

      Delete
  14. How many does this recipe make with - say - a 1 1/2" cookie cutter? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a mini 1” heart shaped cookie cutter, which roughly made about a dozen. Thanks for stopping by. ;o)

      Delete
  15. Thanks so much for this recipe! I'm making them as party favors for my daughter's spa themed birthday. I substituted the eggs with 1/2 cup yogurt (I just didn't have any eggs) and added vanilla extract and sprinkles instead of lavender. They look like real cookies and smell delish!

    ReplyDelete