Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

{ chamomile flowers }

I snapped this photo of my fresh cut chamomile flowers from my garden. Now I will wait until it dries upside down, then I will hand crush the buds and add them into a new batch of handmade soap. These chamomile flowers will soon be used to create a soap batch which will include garden chamomile buds and lavender essential oil. Remember because of the process in which I use to create my handmade soap you will gain all of the aromatherapy benefits of the essentail oils used in the soap. If you or anyone in the family including baby is not sleeping well the best oil to use is roman chamomile or lavender. Lavender essential oil is also a wonderful oil to use for room ordors or for relaxation for both mother and child. One of the best ways to use these oils is to allow the oils to evaporate and circulate around the room. Oils can be used in a hot water bath placed in a bowl in the ratio of one drop of essential oil to one pint of water. Lavender and chamomile essential oils can also be used in the bath to soothe the body after a long day or help with tight muscles and sore backs. You should only use 2-4 drops of essential oils in the bath. Enjoy the wonderful smell of chamomile, the scent is sweet, applelike, and herbaceous. Check back for an update on when my new chamomile lavender soap is ready in just a few weeks. And of course don't forget to use my Shea Butter Lavender Soap or Garden Lavender Soap at www.naturalgardensoaps.com
Smiles, Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment