Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Growing Mint Indoors

I love growing mint inside our home, it smells super good, and purifies the indoor air for easier breathing.  It's easy to grow and is really fun to add to many recipes, with breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  It is also a welcome ingredient in desserts, or as a dessert garnish.  I often add a fresh sprig of mint to a glass of water or tea, I love the fresh taste and refreshing mint aroma.  I have been known to add a few mint sprigs to my bath water as a pick me up before a evening out.  Unlike many herbs mint can tolerate some shade which makes it perfect to grow inside all year around.



Here are a few tips about growing this fragrant, fast growing, and green herb inside.

  • Cut off the mint sprigs before the plant flowers.
  • Place your potted mint where it will receive good morning light.
  • Mint likes a wet soil, so keep your plant well watered at all times.
  • Take cuttings and place in water to re root for a new plant.

It is fun to shop for mint seeds or plants because there are so many mint varieties to choose from like; apple mint, peppermint, spearmint, chocolate mint and others.

Smiles, Paula



{ Follow Me on Pinterest } Paula Parrish

2 comments:

  1. I have a lot of mint outside but never thought of growing it inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This puts me in the mood for a mojito!

    ReplyDelete