Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

{DIY} Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

For the longest time I have been wanting to make
a Mason Jar Soap Dispenser.
I have seen different versions of this project floating around the internet.
I even have a few ideas and different conceptions
pinned up on my “DIY Project & Crafts” board on Pinterest.
Woo Who!
Today is the day that I can check one crafty project off my list.
I hope that this creates a trickle effect,
and I am able to create many more projects in the months ahead.
This project is super quick and easy,
completed in less than 15 minutes.


How to create your own Mason Jar Soap Dispenser.
Supplies:
Mason Jar with Lid
Liquid Soap Pump
Sharpie Marker
Hand Punch or a Drill
Hot Glue Gun

Directions:
Mark the top of the Mason Jar Lid.
Drill or punch a hole around ⅝” round, insert pump.
Flip lid over, and hot glue into place.
After it is completely dry, fill with soap and screw on top.



I love the idea of repurposing more classic Mason Jars
for soap or lotion to use all around the house.
Plus, my new Mason Jar Soap Dispenser is perfect
to store my new liquid soap that I made a few weeks ago,
if you missed it check out my post here: DIY Liquid Soap.



Thanks for stopping by. :o)
Smiles, Paula


{ Follow Me On Pinterest } Paula Parrish

13 comments:

  1. I love it! I too have been wanting to make one and this may just be the kick in the pants I needed. Plus, I want to make your liquid handsoap to go in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried making this, but i have a hard time getting a hole in the lid, maybe i need to try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I punch the hole, I don’t worry if the hole is not perfect. I do take a pliers and break off the edges, but the hot glue covers the messy hole.

      Delete
  3. This looks so easy. I have a ton of these jars. Thanks for the idea! Can't wait to start !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try out this project! Yours looks lovely.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these too! Yours looks great~ thanks for stopping by and your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I would love for you to link this up to "I Made This" at Grits & Giggles! http://gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-made-this-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure made it look easy! Do you use the pumps from old disposable soap jars, or is there some place we can buy just the pumps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used old soap pumps from old plastic dispensers.:o)

      Delete
  8. Love this. I love reusing mason jars I think they are just so pretty to look at :). I"ve featured you at Sunday Round Up come on over and grab a button :) http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/04/sunday-round-up-7.html
    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where can one find a hand punch to make the whole this size in the top? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a Crock-A-Dile scrapbook punch, which happens to be one of my favorite tools for all types of crafting projects.

      Delete
  10. Im 14 and I just did it for my mom. Getting a whole in the lid was hard but it looks great and she will love it for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete