Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Lemonade Body Scrub

Lemonade is just one of those things that signifies summertime.  During the hot summer months I often find myself reaching for a tall ice cold glass of lemonade.  While sipping on my lemonade, I started thinking about how to make a Lemonade Body Scrub.  A perfect lemony coconut body scrub for the summertime.  The ideal treatment to keep our skin in awesome condition for the beach and pool.  As I am writing this post the “Lemonade, Crunchy Ice” song keeps popping into my head over and over again.
Lemonade, crunchy ice.
Beat it once, beat it twice.
Lemonade, crunchy ice.
Beat it once, beat it twice.
Turn around, touch the ground, FREEZE.
No denying it, I am a Mom. ;o)



Lemonade Body Scrub Recipe
Ingredients:
¼ Cup of Sugar
¼ Cup of Salt
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon of Honey
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Peel
A Few Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
½ Tablespoon of Calendula Petal Powder
Directions:
In a small bowl mix up the honey, lemon juice, lemon peel, essential oil and calendula petal powder.  Once the first ingredients are completely combined toss in the sugar and salt, and mix well.
How To Use:
Gently Massage a quarter size amount of this homemade scrub into different areas of your body in the circular motion.  Rinse well with warm water.  Repeat this treatment once a week.



The calendula flower has orange and yellow petals. Sometimes it is referred to as marigold.  I added the calendula petal powder to this scrub as a natural yellow colorant, and because it is wonderful for the skin.  Calendula petals are wonderful for stimulating collagen production, hydrating skin, and reducing the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles.


I hope that you give this scrub a try, and enjoy the delicate summery scent.  This lemony scrub is sure to reveal your skin's true radiance.
Smiles, Paula


{ Follow Me On Pinterest  } Paula Parrish

20 comments:

  1. Hi Paula! I bought your soaps after seeing you set up at the Dunedin craft fair and love them... totally just found your blog by accident but I'm so glad I did. Love this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome to have you here on my blog. I hope that you enjoy my posts, and will visit here often. ;o)

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited, I have ALL the ingredients to make this awesome looking scrub! Yea! I'm going to try it today, love the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell that lemony goodness from here! That looks so good. Thank you for sharing your 'recipe'!

    Best wishes and thanks for dropping by today!
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ingredients in this scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so refreshing...perfect for Summertime!!

    Jane
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. How long could you store this scrub in the fridge? I'd love to make this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think that you could keep this scrub for three to four weeks in the fridge. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. ;o)

      Delete
  7. Love this,just signed up to tumblr and by luck found your wonderful ''watering can plant pot'' it's great,I kept going and found your lemon body scrub and bubble bath salts plus many more. So glad I found your page or blog(soz New to this) but will definitely be creating some of your luxurious creams,thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this scrub safe to use on my face? I, too, stumbled upon your blog accidentally and I bookmarked it right away! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that this body scrub would be to abrasive on your face. I would recommend making a ground oatmeal paste with oil and water for a face scrub. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.

      Delete
  9. How would you store this? I am thinking of making this for a bday gift for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Store this homemade scrub in a jar with a tight fitting lid.

      Delete
  10. Wow i simply love ur beauty tips...

    body scrub

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many good ideas on your blog! I want to do them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Paula,

    Thank you for sharing this. is it possible to do this without the Calendula Petal Powder. I really can not find it where I am?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course feel free to omit the calendula petals if you wish. The common name for the calendula plant is a marigold. The flower petals have been used for medicinal purposes and skincare since at least the 12th century. They are simply wonderful for the skin. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Smiles, Paula ;o)

      Delete
  13. Which preservative do you use for longer shelf life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Feel free to use vegetable glycerin or grapefruit seed extract which both act as a natural choice for a preservative. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Smiles, Paula ;o)

      Delete