Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

DIY Fizzie Bath Bombs



I love homemade bath fizzies. There is something magical and captivating about watching it fizz and bubble away down into the bath water. They seem to take on a new life once it hits the water.  They fizz, hiss, and melt, leaving the fantastic smell of essential oils, and at the same time the natural oil leaves your skin smooth, soft and super moisturized. It was a beautiful thing, plus super fun at the same time.




DIY Bath Bomb Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Citric Acid
  • 1 cup Baking Soda
  • ½ cup Cornstarch
  • ½ cup of Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, or Sunflower Oil
  • 5 to 8 Drops of Essential Oil (of your choice)
  • Spray Bottle filled with Distilled Water
  • Soy Food Coloring (optional)
Instructions:
  • In a bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch and mix, then add the oil.
  • Add your choice of essential oil.
  • Mix well with a fork, then with your hands until a soft dough is formed.
  • If you find that the mixture is too crumbly, spray with tiny bit of water to moisten.
  • Knead into a ball, the consistency should be like soft biscuit dough.
  • Press the soft dough into any molds of your choice.
Tips:
  • You can add colored epson salt, oatmeal, dried herbs or flowers into the bottom of the molds for an extra special touch. Sprinkle in just before pressing the dough into the mold.
  • Silicone baking molds work the best.
  • Customize your scent to take full advantage of aromatherapy benefits. Lavender essential oil will bring calm and comfort. Peppermint essential oil increases energy and clears your mind.





I made one batch of eucalyptus fizzies to keep on hand, which is a great choice during allergy season and if anyone is feeling a bit of congestion. I also created a batch of jasmine fizzies with jasmine petals from our yard. Jasmine essential oil is known to have a uplifting effect on the mind and fights depression anxiety and stress.

If you simply don’t have the time, or don’t wish to make this bath bombs at home. I have handmade bath bombs available for purchase on my website.
Natural Garden Soaps Bath Bombs

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visiting my blog.
Smiles, Paula

38 comments:

  1. So great! Can't wait to give them a try! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a great idea and thanks for the recipe. Seems easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look gorgeous and I bet they smell amazing too. Thanks for sharing! Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula,

    Thanks for sharing this with us. I have a lot of allergies and trouble with scents, so I can customize this to my own needs. It also would make a lovely gift for others. I appreciate you giving us such great info and I look forward to trying this out.

    Have a great day,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I love this as a gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. I really must try these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so pretty all packaged up! Great gift idea:) I found you on Tip me Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a fun thing to try. Thanks for stopping by and sharing this at the Sunday Round up. I can't wait to see what you bring to share next week.
    Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Paula! Thanks so much for stopping by today! :) Those Jasmine fizzies are super neat! Look forward to checking out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree I love bath bombs as well!
    Thanks for linking up to our Sunday Round Up link party. Hope to see you again this weekend :)
    xoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you get the essential oils?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy most of my essential oils at our local health food store, called Richard's Whole Foods. You should be able to find essential oils at any health food store, such as Whole Foods Market that specializes in natural and organic items. Thanks for stopping by. ;o) Smiles, Paula

      Delete
  12. FABULOUS tutorial. These are beautiful and would be fun to give as gifts, too.
    <3 Christina

    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
    The Mother Lode themed linky party is open

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so creative! I never thought of making those yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These just look so wonderful! I love bath fizzies & am excited to give this a try. Thank you so much for sharing at Sunday Round Up. I have featured you this week! :) http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/05/link-party-9.html
    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is awesome and creative! Also looks so pretty in the jars.

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the recipe! These will be perfect for summer. Thanks for linking up at Grits & Giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cool and pretty, too! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tried making theses yesterday and mine were nothing like yours. I followed the recipe but mine were wet and oily.......any tips or suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, The only thing that I can think of is that you may have used to much water, try using less water. I hope that this tip is helpful to you. Smiles, Paula

      Delete
  19. Looks fun to make and use--unfortunately I only take showers!
    I am a follower.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am going to try these today along with your chocolate chip lip balm! I have peppermint e.o. on hand, so will scent them with that! thanks.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Can you tell me how many fizzies this recipe makes? Thanks!! Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This recipe makes about a dozen bath bombs. Thanks for stopping by. ;o)

      Delete
  22. How long do you wait to remove these from the molds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let my bath fizzies dry overnight then remove them from the molds in the morning. Thanks for stopping by. ;o)

      Delete
  23. I was also wondering how many bath fizzies this recipe makes...I know it depends on the mold but maybe if you could guestemate? Thanks! can't wait to try it <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Paula, just wanted to let you know I made your bath bomb fizzys for my girls and some friends for Christmas, and they were a big hit. They came out so nice. I scented them with Almond Biscotti and ground up dried rose petals for accent. Absolutely beautiful, thanks, I love this recipe!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. ;o)

      Delete
  25. Hi! Can you please tell me how many bath bombs you made with this recipe? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This recipe makes approximately a dozen bath bombs. Thanks for stopping by my blog. ;o)

      Delete
  26. Hi Paula,
    do you just let them dry (a little) and pop them out of the molds?
    Great idea anyway, thanks :)

    All the best
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  27. Once the mixture is in the molds how long should it remain until removed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let my bath bombs dry over night in the molds then remove them in the morning.

      Delete
  28. can you use fragrance oil instead of eo?

    ReplyDelete