Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

DIY Chocolate Face Mask

Yummy! I love chocolate.
We all know that chocolate is good for the heart but did you know that chocolate is good for your skin. Cocoa is high in anti-oxidants that help reverse the effects of aging skin and helps improve the overall tightening of the skin.
After I use this mask, my face is glowing, plus it is super soft and firm.
Love It! :)
DIY Chocolate Face Mask Recipe:
1/4 Cup of Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup of 
Sour Cream or 1/4 Cup of Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons of Oatmeal
3 Tablespoons of
Honey
Mix all the ingredients with mixer till it forms a thick batter. Let the mask sit for about 5 minutes. It looks just like chocolate cake batter and smells like yummy chocolate pudding. During this time you may be tempted to taste a small bite. :) Which is completely ok, hey even let the kids lick the bowl clean. Then simply apply evenly all over the face and let dry for about 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel. Store the remaining mask in a small jar in the fridge to use later.

Cocoa
High anti-oxidants cocoa can
repair skin cells and prevent cell damage.
Cocoa increases hydration, calms and soothes skin.
Honey
Honey is a naturally healing moisturizer, full
of natural enzymes and vital nutrients, such
as vitamins C, D, and E,
to leave skin soft and healthy.
Oatmeal
Oatmeal with its rough texture makes it an excellent
and gentle exfoliate.
Sloughs away dry, dead skin cells to make
way for fresh, healthy skin.
Sour Cream
The lactic acid in the sour cream soothes
and softens your skin.
Plus help moisturize, while at the same time
tightening wrinkles and refining pores.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don’t miss out on this month’s blog giveaway.
Enter Here to win two bars of my Mucky Seaweed Soap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you like this DIY skincare recipe and want to see more, please consider becoming a follower of my blog.
You can subscribe using the Google Friend Connect widget, Linky Followers widget, or signing up via email.
Shouting out a huge “THANKS” to all of my lovely followers.
Smiles, Paula
   Pin It

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for this

    Natasha xx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha, Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :) Paula

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great skin mask! I love a good mask that actually smells good too, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way my face feels after this mask and it does smell so yummy. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) Paula

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Toni, I love your blog and enjoy following along. Thanks for hosting your super fun link up parties each week. :) Paula

      Delete
  5. You forgot to include the all important step ~ how to resist eating it before applying it to your face;) Thanks for sharing this ~ sounds awesome!

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, A taste or two when using this yummy mask is allowed. :) Paula

      Delete
  6. Cool! I wanna try this. Not sure the the chocolate would last another go around for later before I eat it though.

    Love,

    Your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, Thanks for following my blog and leaving this lovely comment. :) Paula

      Delete
  7. I bet it smells heavenly on. I think the scent alone would help me relax. Just pinned this. Happy Monday! Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, Thanks for stopping by and pinning my post on Pinterest. :) Paula

      Delete
  8. Wow, yummy! I just shared this on my Google+ page, and on Pinterest! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks so lovely! i am especially keen on the chocolate mask :-).
    thanks so much for visiting my blog and for pinning the cake in a jar.
    got me to visit you. I really like your blog and am following you now on linky and gfc. would be great if you would like to follow back, but no hard feelings if not :-)
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Question...how long will this keep? I'm thinking as a gift item...so you could tell the recipient time frame and storage.
    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad I came across this! My favorite face mask is a chocolate mask that comes in a little package. Now I know how to make my own! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How many times a day/week can you put it on??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a face mask twice a month to balance and feed my skin. Thanks for stopping by. ;o)

      Delete
  13. Do you need to refrigerate this if you do not use all of it at once?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes refrigerate the leftovers. Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  14. I can't wait to try this mask tonight!! I found it on Pinterest....now which board to pin it on.....Chocoholic? or Beauty!! Ah!! What the heck!! It is going on both!

    Thanks so much for the mask!

    ReplyDelete